3 Major Announcements
1. Work - Discover, connect and engage
1. Discover – See the activity that happens to my content and search and discover. Introducing a new UI that has search at the center of the screen. See a pic of who created the content. Aaron has access to 100k files at work, for example. Needs to find things.
2. Connect – Instantly invite anyone in your org to collaborate.
3. Engage – Workflow, new features to be able to Like content, see the tasks and comments in one central place. BoxEdit is new feature. This allows instant access to change any files on your computer. Can assign tasks for review to a colleague. He then gets email notification. Can create new documents from within Box. New location at top of bar for tasks, messages and . New Like feature allows approval of documents and see who else has also approved/Liked.
1. Legacy systems meant you had to buy everything from one vendor to get true integration. This results in lock-in, high costs and lack of innovation.
2. Is we use best of breed solutions, our content is becoming siloed.
3. Box Embed is a new feature that has HTML framework to extend into any app or site. Partners that will support this content. Demo of Netsuite: You can stay within Netsuite, have a tab for Box and can view and edit files from one click. No need to bring up Word to edit a file and approve the workflow. Also have drag and drop from desktop to folder within Box while inside Netsuite. New embed partners include:
7. Netsuite – available now
1. Mobile is changing the environment today in the Enterprise. Mobile devices now taken into areas with no technology previously (medical, construction, finance).
2. Most knowledge workers use 3+ devices
3. 44 billion app downloads by 2016
4. Number of enterprise apps have doubled in the past year
5. BYOD is the strategy
6. Box OneCloud, released six months ago. Goal is to work with as many 3rd party apps as possible.
1. 50% of box is mobile; 37% of Fortune 500 use OneCloud
2. 100 new apps added today (200 total now)
3. New vertical apps are coming into OneCloud, by popularity
1. Document Editing
2. Note taking
3. File management
4. PDF annotation
“We tend to overestimate the effects of technology in the short run and underestimate technologies effects in the long run”.
Box is about working with anyone, anywhere and on any device.